Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
About Us

Fri 5 Jun - 7:00 by FCR DaveG

Welcome.
Fartcan racing is an Online sim racing community, a few guys who started out racing with no Sim racing experience and found that the major race leagues are packed with experienced Sim Racer's who’ve been doing this for years and as a result we found it difficult to be competitive, so we decided to create a Race League for those starting out or those who are not at the pointy end of the …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Dumans will still go on :)
rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor EmptyWed 24 Mar - 6:55 by RS2000

» POLL: Do we use 1.6B or 1.6C
rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor EmptyTue 23 Mar - 15:15 by barney351

» V8's future
rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor EmptyTue 23 Mar - 9:23 by FCR Nibiru

» Post Imola Chat
rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor EmptyTue 23 Mar - 8:19 by barney351

» Imola Pre-race Chat
rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor EmptyTue 23 Mar - 3:42 by LordOfTheRims

» WTCC Championship League 2
rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor EmptyMon 22 Mar - 10:30 by flattop

» Clan Challenge Registrations
rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor EmptyMon 22 Mar - 9:48 by Jimbob

» WTCC Championship League 1
rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor EmptyMon 22 Mar - 7:34 by Guest

» *NEWS FLASH FROM THE HATCH*
rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor EmptyMon 22 Mar - 6:10 by FCR DaveG

ShoutBox

ShoutMix chat widget
Ventrilo
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Hit Counter

rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor

3 posters

Go down

rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor Empty rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor

Post by FCR Nibiru Thu 17 Sep - 6:18

Some of you might like to run multiple installs of rFactor. There is a link in the download section for rFactor Lite. Very easy to install.

What is rFactor Lite?
rFactor Lite is just what it says, a lite version of rFactor. It only has 1 car and 1 track and no start-up movie so the file is very small. Thats the only difference.

How to install?
*Double click the rFactorLite.exe
*Choose the location you want and change the final folder name "rFactor" to what suites your install. eg(Program Files/rFactor Historix) don't create a desktop shortcut just yet. Then install.
*Go to your main or first install of rFactor and copy the rFactor.exe. Paste it into the new install.
*Now create a desktop shortcut. Re-name the shortcut to Historix or something that relates to your new install.
*Add the mod or mods you want.
*Now again go into your main or first install of rFactor/userdata and copy your playername profile folder and paste it into your new install rFactor Historix/userdata (that has now put all your setups and control configuration into the new install.)
*You are almost ready to play all you need now is tracks. There is two ways you can do this.
1st way is to copy your Locations folder (rFactor/GameData/Locations) from your main or first install and paste it into the rFactor Historix/GameData folder. (this will take up more room on your hard drive as you will have the tracks twice)
2nd way is to go into the new install rFactor Historix folder and open the config.ini with notepad and look for this line
TracksDir=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\
and change it to the the location of your main or first install
eg. TracksDir=C:\Program Files\rFactor\GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\ (make sure the caps and spaces are right in what you add)
close and save the config.ini and your done. Start the new install up and race.

Hope this helps

Enjoy

Nib

Last edited by FCR Nibiru on Sat 6 Mar - 12:16; edited 2 times in total
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

http://www.naturescapes.com.au

Back to top Go down

rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor Empty Re: rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor

Post by FCR DaveG Thu 17 Sep - 7:00

Fantastic Nib
I'll be doing this, if for no other reason than to reduce the file size of the existing Rfactor folder and hopefull reduce start up time.
FCR DaveG
FCR DaveG
ADMINISTRATOR / FOUNDER

Back to top Go down

rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor Empty Re: rFactor Lite and multiple installs of rFactor

Post by Guest Fri 9 Oct - 6:05

i will try this and see if it gets rid of my wicked lag monster...

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Nibiru Fri 9 Oct - 6:28

Try 2 installs each in a different partition. Should work fine
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by LordOfTheRims Wed 3 Feb - 8:58

The Logitech Gaming Software comes with a Profiler that keeps all the shortcuts to your different copies of rFactor. You can right-click on the Logitech task-bar icon and select the one you want to load from the list.
LordOfTheRims
LordOfTheRims

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Nibiru Wed 3 Feb - 9:04

what version of the profiler do you use
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by LordOfTheRims Wed 3 Feb - 9:26

Version 5.02.116, Date - 04/04/08
LordOfTheRims
LordOfTheRims

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Nibiru Wed 3 Feb - 9:40

Version 5.00.171 Date 07/05/2006
That's why I don't have that option. I have tried in the past to update my profiler and only had problems....so I have stuck with the original that came with my wheel.
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by LordOfTheRims Wed 3 Feb - 9:50

I lost the original software that came with my wheel, this version was given to me. It installed easily and works fine.
LordOfTheRims
LordOfTheRims

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down