Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
About Us

Fri 5 Jun - 7:00 by FCR DaveG

Welcome.
Fartcan racing is an Online sim racing community, a few guys who started out racing with no Sim racing experience and found that the major race leagues are packed with experienced Sim Racer's who’ve been doing this for years and as a result we found it difficult to be competitive, so we decided to create a Race League for those starting out or those who are not at the pointy end of the …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Dumans will still go on :)
Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway EmptyWed 24 Mar - 6:55 by RS2000

» POLL: Do we use 1.6B or 1.6C
Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway EmptyTue 23 Mar - 15:15 by barney351

» V8's future
Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway EmptyTue 23 Mar - 9:23 by FCR Nibiru

» Post Imola Chat
Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway EmptyTue 23 Mar - 8:19 by barney351

» Imola Pre-race Chat
Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway EmptyTue 23 Mar - 3:42 by LordOfTheRims

» WTCC Championship League 2
Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway EmptyMon 22 Mar - 10:30 by flattop

» Clan Challenge Registrations
Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway EmptyMon 22 Mar - 9:48 by Jimbob

» WTCC Championship League 1
Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway EmptyMon 22 Mar - 7:34 by Guest

» *NEWS FLASH FROM THE HATCH*
Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway EmptyMon 22 Mar - 6:10 by FCR DaveG

ShoutBox

ShoutMix chat widget
Ventrilo
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Hit Counter

Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway

4 posters

Go down

Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway Empty Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway

Post by FCR Ash Fri 15 Jan - 7:07

FCR Ash
FCR Ash

Back to top Go down

Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway Empty Re: Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway

Post by FCR Lachlan Fri 15 Jan - 10:10

are you going to be releasing a track pack ash as i know where some of these tracks are if you want me to put the into a rar folder?
FCR Lachlan
FCR Lachlan
FCR SKINNER / PAINTER
FCR SKINNER / PAINTER

Back to top Go down

Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway Empty Re: Countdown to round one of the FCRLMS at Daytona raceway

Post by FCR Nibiru Fri 15 Jan - 10:46

We don't like rar files with Track Packs.as we need to make it as easy as possible for the new guys.
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

http://www.naturescapes.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Lachlan Fri 15 Jan - 10:57

lol ok ill send u the tracks and you can package them Razz
FCR Lachlan
FCR Lachlan
FCR SKINNER / PAINTER
FCR SKINNER / PAINTER

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Ash Fri 15 Jan - 11:01

I am still testing some of the track so I dont think we will get the track pack out quite yet.

Is it ok is I send you the links when I have the tracks ready Nib?

Ash
FCR Ash
FCR Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Nibiru Fri 15 Jan - 11:04

If lachlan wants to package them up into the rar file he was going to and send me the link I'll do the rest.

EDIT: Just give the guys at least 3-4 days min to get them selves organized with the download
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Ash Fri 15 Jan - 11:38

No problem I just need to make sure he has all the correct tracks we are going to use. I know Daytona is already an exe file so can you add that or does it have to be a rar?

Ash
FCR Ash
FCR Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by LordOfTheRims Fri 15 Jan - 11:57

I have all those tracks already and I've found that .rar files, if packaged properly, install more easily and accurately than .exe files.

If someone can't extract it to their rFactor folder, who's turning their computer on for them? Its about the same degree of difficulty Rolling Eyes Laughing
LordOfTheRims
LordOfTheRims

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Nibiru Fri 15 Jan - 12:35

To someone like yourself rims that may be the case. You experience it first hand one night trying to get someone to install a rar file. So thats why we do it. You don't have to use them.
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Nibiru Fri 15 Jan - 12:36

FCR Ash wrote:No problem I just need to make sure he has all the correct tracks we are going to use. I know Daytona is already an exe file so can you add that or does it have to be a rar?

Ash

I can add Daytona
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by LordOfTheRims Fri 15 Jan - 15:39

FCR Nibiru wrote:To someone like yourself rims that may be the case. You experience it first hand one night trying to get someone to install a rar file. So thats why we do it. You don't have to use them.

Yes, I remember the trouble Zalmas had installing the Historix track-pack. I was stunned by the way he got it so tangled up.

I suppose ppl who prefer not to use .exe installs can find the tracks easily on their own.(I read somewhere that .exe files can install things in the wrong place, change the registry or install uninstall software that can cause problems when used.)

If FartCan has the facility to host track-packs and mods for our members to download there's no further need for me to host anything on FreeDrive, is that the case?
LordOfTheRims
LordOfTheRims

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Nibiru Fri 15 Jan - 15:58

If you really want the rar packs you can post them there. please yourself or you could make the exe files aswell and post them. I wasn't going to use any names but yes there was a little trouble. and the main idea around FartCan is making it easy for new guys. The more experienced player would already have most tracks and wouldn't be using the .exe and if they needed 1 track the link is available in the download section and they know how to do it. I have never had any problems with .exe files

I don't remember making any comments on your hosting ability. We are thankful for files you host.
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by LordOfTheRims Fri 15 Jan - 18:13

I don't need any more tracks and I'm always happy to host whatever is needed, but it seems to be all under control at the moment. I just thought you might have obtained superior hosting capabilities along with the new server, that's all. (I don't actually know where all the downloads at Fartcan are hosted)
LordOfTheRims
LordOfTheRims

Back to top Go down

Post by LordOfTheRims Tue 19 Jan - 5:57

Last night we discussed some problems ppl were having with the Dumans mod so I dug this info up that might have something to with it, but it only applies to ppl who have used a different version before installing the one available here.

If anyone who downloaded the Dumans Series from the link on the Fartcan downloads page installed it after having a previous version of Dumans, mismatches will occur unless the previous version is uninstalled completely.

This is from the ILMS "read-me" -

1)Before you install this version of the Série Internationale Du Mans (ILMS) mod you MUST remove any previous versions of the mod BEFORE you attempt to install version 2.65!

2)To remove your previous version you MUST delete the following directories and files;

C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Helmets\ ILMS
C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Sounds\ILMS
C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Sounds\ILMS_Secondary
C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\ILMS
C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PaceCar\ILMS_PC
C:\Program Files\rFactor\rFm\ILMS.bik
C:\Program Files\rFactor\rFm\ILMS.rfm
C:\Program Files\rFactor\rFm\ILMS.tga
C:\Program Files\rFactor\rFm\ILMS_logo.tga

Hope it helps. Surprised
LordOfTheRims
LordOfTheRims

Back to top Go down

Post by FCR Nibiru Tue 19 Jan - 8:45

Very usefull...Although it usually tells you want the mismatch is in game and it didn't this time. I also have it in a fresh rfactor install and have only had this version. I got the mismatch the other night and I also put the mod on the server. Maybe all that is needed is to re-upload the mod again maybe it didn't transfer very well, although I'm reluctant to do it as we only have the server for another 2 weeks. It may work on the new server and it may work on my server, only time will tell.
FCR Nibiru
FCR Nibiru
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by LordOfTheRims Tue 19 Jan - 14:30

There's a public version of the new ILMS 2010 mod at RaceFactorCentral:-

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=S%C3%A9rie%20Internationale%20Du%20Mans

If we all had the latest version surely there'd be no mismatches. The only problem with that is that we'd all have to follow the uninstall procedure in my earlier post.
LordOfTheRims
LordOfTheRims

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down